Dr. Doug Hirschhorn, Trading Coach & Trading Psychology
Dr. Doug specializes in performance coaching, talent development and trading workshops for portfolio managers, analysts and investment teams.
Performance coaching for experienced portfolio managers and analysts
Management coaching and development for investment teams
Talent development programs for smaller portfolio managers
Educational workshops on trading psychology and behavioral finance for small teams and large groups (1 hour, 1/2 day, 1 day)
Specialized coaching and development for seed-stage and startup funds
Talent screening of hedge funds for asset allocation determination for pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowment funds, fund of funds and family offices
2 Overhill Road, Suite 400
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Experience and Credentials as Trading Coach and Trading Psychology Expert
As a trading coach, Dr. Doug Hirschhorn has conducted over 500 workshops at financial institutions, multi‐billion dollar hedge funds and corporations across the world. By applying the techniques learned in pursuing a Ph.D. in sport psychology, Doug helps portfolio managers, traders and analysts achieve excellence in their trading, risk taking and risk management behaviors.
- Over twelve years of experience coaching elite portfolio managers and financial professionals
- Author of Trading Psychology Playbook (2013), 8 Ways to Great (2010), The Trading Athlete (2001)
- Ph.D., Psychology (specializing in Sport Psychology) from Capella University ('05). M.S., Exercise Science from Southern Connecticut State University ('00). B.A. from Colgate University ('94)
- Frequent contributor to NBC, CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg and more
- Former Division I baseball player and team captain for Colgate University (catcher)
- Former trader (CBOT)
- Supporting a wide range of international clients and financial institutions, including portfolio managers, analysts, investment teams, management teams, hedge funds, banks, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowment funds, family offices and other financial institutions in New York, Connecticut, Chicago, California, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Hong Kong, Tokyo and more
Video Excerpts of Dr. Doug on Trading Psychology and Trader Coaching
Trader Personality Types
Doug discusses different trader personality types and how you can take advantage of them.
Pulling the Trigger
Doug discusses how traders can overcome their fear of pulling the trigger on a particular trade.
False Beliefs About the Market
Doug discusses five common false beliefs about trading that you have to avoid buying in to.
Battling the Lizard Brain
Doug discusses how the best traders make their decisions using math and logic, and fight the impulses of their 'lizard brain.'
Righting the Risk
Doug discusses how traders can adjust risk and put themselves in a strong position at the end of the year.
Making Money Is Easy
Doug advises traders that making money really is easy. Keeping it, however, is a bit more challenging.